Extra time for Businesses to apply for Awards
Businesses have additional time to submit their applications for the 2017 Barnsley and Rotherham Business Awards.
Due to the proximity of the Bank Holiday and following numerous requests, businesses and individuals now have until Friday, 8th September to submit their nominations for the award categories.
The awards, in association with RNN Group, will recognise the achievements of companies and individuals, honour the region’s best in business as companies and individuals compete for 12 prestigious awards, with the much sought-after Universal Components Business of the Year trophy been presented to one outstanding performer of the evening.
Andrew Denniff, Chief Executive of the Chamber commented: “We have received a number of entries from businesses and individuals to date, for all categories and I would like to encourage businesses to continue submitting their entries during the extension period. The awards recognise the best of our region and we know there are many businesses across the region that have achieved excellence over the past 12 months and I hope that you can join us at the ceremony to celebrate our region’s best and brightest.”
This year’s award categories are:
- Source Academy Apprentice of the Year Award
- SteelPhalt Harsco Business Community Impact Award
- Impelling Solutions Business Person of the Year Award
- Brook Corporate Developments Business Growth Award
- Rotherham College Digital and Creative Award
- Enzygo Environmental Commitment Award
- SOTpay Excellence in Customer Service
- Made in Sheffield Manufacturing Excellence Award
- Enterprising Barnsley Most Promising New Business Award
- Rotherham Together Partnership Skills Development Award
- Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Award
- Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award
Charity members of Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce have been invited to enter the Charity of the Year award to tell us about their good causes with a chance to be named the 2017 Charity of the Year, this year’s award is supported by Fortem.
The awards are open to all businesses with an ‘S’ postcode in South Yorkshire. Entries can be submitted online and the full category criteria can be downloaded from www.brawards.co.uk.