The Accredited Chamber of Commerce Network in partnership with Amazon is delivering a series of fulfilment centre tours to help businesses reopen and restart the economy. Amazon, who has been operational throughout the COVID –19 lockdown, is opening the doors to ten of their fulfilment centres across the country, to assist Chamber members with implementing government guidance to restart their operations.
The South Yorkshire Chambers are offering the opportunity for members of any Chamber to tour Amazon’s Doncaster fulfilment centre at the iPort. These tours will enable members to see first-hand how the e-commerce business has implemented a range of measures to keep its employees safe while continuing to serve its customers.
Members will be able to see how Amazon has responded to the pandemic and apply any learnings to their own action plans for reopening their workplaces. With guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO), they have implemented a series of preventative health measures at their sites to help keep employees, partners, and customers safe. Amazon has made more than 150 significant process changes to ensure the health and safety of its team members.
Advice for guests
• It is important that if you are experiencing any symptoms or been in contact with an individual with symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19 that you do not attend the tour.
• All guests visiting the fulfilment centre will go through a temperature check. If their temperature is too high, they will be prevented from entering the centre.
• Guests will be provided with a facemask or visor that must be worn at all times throughout the visit.
• Please ensure you follow all social distancing guidelines and measures in place at the centre.
• General parking is available free of charge at each fulfilment centre building. Depending on the site, there may be designated guest parking. We recommend coming earlier to find parking. Please ensure you reverse park your car.
• All guests must wear flat, closed-toed, and closed-heeled shoes (no sandals, clogs or high heels). We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or trainers. Additionally, long hair must be pulled up to or above shoulder length. Loose-fitting clothing (long-hanging jewellery, scarves, or ties) is not permitted.
• You may bring your wallet, keys, mobile phone, and transparent water bottle on the tour. If you have other personal bags or items, we will ask you to leave them in your car. Medical devices are exceptions to this rule and may be carried for the duration of the visit as needed. Pets or animals are not permitted unless they are service animals.
• Photography or videography is not permitted on the tour.
• It is very important you arrive on time. If you are late, it is unlikely we will be able to accommodate you.