Member price – £395.00 + VAT
Non-member price – £410.00 + VAT
Duration – 2 x 3 Hour sessions
This course is designed for those involved in managing safe water systems in healthcare premises. They may be Responsible Persons or Deputy Responsible Persons or maintenance/facilities staff.
It aims to introduce the key aspects of compliance in relation particularly to the control of legionella bacteria and pseudomonas aeruginosa in healthcare water systems.
Who should attend the Managing Water Safety in Healthcare course?
- Members of Water Safety Groups.
- Persons who manage, operate, maintain, monitor and repair water distribution systems and associated equipment. Either in healthcare premises, augmented care units and care homes (this might include managers, service providers and Estates / Facilities Managers).
- Water Safety:
- Authorised Persons
- Responsible Persons
- Competent Persons
- Operators that carry out routine maintenance, monitoring, sampling and inspections of water systems.
- Service providers wishing to extend their service offering into healthcare
- Compliance of the healthcare estate and regulations.
- Governance & management responsibility.
- The compliance requirements for a healthcare setting, including:
- Legionella Bacteria Control
- Testing for Legionella
- Temperature monitoring
- TMV maintenance & commissioning
- Showers and spray tap cleaning, disinfection and descale
- Action in the event of an outbreak of legionellosis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Testing for P.aeruginosa in Healthcare Environments
- Water sampling for P.aeruginosa
- Other waterborne pathogens
- Operational management
- Description of systems, operational considerations & requirements
- Other operational considerations
- Supply source, water softening & materials
- Water treatment, filtration & control programmes
- Water storage, Hot and cold-water distribution systems
- Pipework installations
- Installation, testing & commissioning