Member price – £1,299.00 + VAT
Non-member price – £1,399.00 + VAT
Duration – 10 Days
Those identified as potential nationally recognised forklift instructors. Trainees must hold a valid certificate of training on a forklift truck. They must have undergone a test (or retest) by an accredited instructor within 6 months prior to the course. On successful completion of training, instructors will be able to prepare, plan and present practical and theoretical instruction to an approved standard. They will be able to conduct and mark objectively practical tests, and complete the appropriate documentation.
- Initial practical training and testing to instructor standard, Operators Ability: Undertake and pass an operators test, Carry out a pre-use checks, & pass a theoretical test.
- Safety and accident prevention
- Health and Safety at Work: – Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Sections 2, 7 & 8, Work Equipment Regulations – Regulation 9, Training, Management Health & Safety at Work Regulations ‘Employees duties’, Specific Legislation and Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, Enforcement of Health & Safety
- Principles of fork lift trucks
- Truck familiarisation
- Recommendations of Training: Selection of operators: Age, medical condition and level of intelligence, previous experience, Training of operators: Types of courses, Basic Training, Specific Training, Familiarisation Training, Conversion Training, Refresher Courses.
- Instructor’s role, Principles of Instruction & Instructional Techniques, Learning (Incentives and Methods), Simple job analysis, Preparation of lesson plans, Hints on speaking.
- Classroom Lesson: Preparation, Instruction in logical sequence, Introduction/Link, Revision, Aim/Objective, Reason why, Incentive, Stages, Use of aids (white boards, models, Overhead projectors etc), The use of questions and answers, Confirmation, Summery, Look forward.
- Practical Demonstration: by each Delegate related to practical lift truck operation with constructive comments.
- Practical Lesson: A practical lesson by each Delegate on a subject related to lift truck operations.
- Operator competence testing & Practical assessments; Delegates construct a test area and conduct & mark a basic skills test to an approved standard, complete relevant paperwork.
Examination assessment and registration fee; Report, Certification and Training Records:, Report Content, Certificate of basic training, Employers Authorisation, Company training records, Further Training needs.
The aim of this 10-day course is to train potential forklift instructors to a recognised accrediting body.