Member price: £1,500 + VAT
Non-member price: £1,700 + VAT
Duration: 5 Day
Designed for those involved in the maintenance and management of Hydraulic Systems in every sector of industrial hydraulics, at all levels.
Follow on from your Stage 2 Industrial Hydraulics course with the new IH2 qualification.
This 5-day course consists of:
- A 1-day theory bridging course, designed to help you complete the knowledge-based part of the
- IH2 syllabus
- Four practical tasks to assess your hydraulic skills
- A 2-hour exam to assess your hydraulic knowledge
As a follow-on from Stage 2 Industrial Hydraulics, this course involves a written examination and a number of ‘one-to-one’ practical task assessments measured against the performance criteria laid down by the current CETOP Education Recommendations
- Stage 1 Hydraulics or equivalent course
- Stage 2 Industrial Hydraulics course
- To ensure candidates have a better overall knowledge and understanding of hydraulic system components, their function, operation and how they form a working circuit
- Improve communication levels as terminology is better understood, together with key aspects of health and safety, resulting in improved levels of safe working practices when working with and around hydraulic systems
- Gain a fluid power industry-recognised qualification in Hydraulics
Knowledge Based Unit
- Hydraulic theory to cover additional IH2 syllabus subjects.
- Half day classroom exercises on typical content of IH2 exam.
- Two-hour examination with 60% pass mark.
Practical Task Assessments:
- Task 1: Carry out a routine maintenance inspection on a hydraulic system using a prepared
- checklist, including topping-up hydraulic oil.
- Task 2: Carry out a pump commissioning exercise, including writing a procedure.
- Task 3: Replace a 4/3-way solenoid operated DCV on a live system, including safe isolation and re-commissioning.
- Task 4: Build a hydraulic circuit for hydraulic sequencing and set the pressure controls. Carry out a fault-finding exercise on the completed circuit.