Member price – £195.00 +VAT
Non-member price – £225.00 + VAT
Duration – 1 Day
This course is designed for those involved in managing the risk of legionella bacteria in hot & cold-water systems that pose a reasonably foreseeable risk.
This course has be designed to provided knowledge and develop the skills required for effective legionella management in-line with the ACoP L8 and HSG 274.
Who should attend the Legionella Awareness course?
- Staff who may become a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’.
- Staff who may become a ‘Legionella Deputy Responsible Person’.
- Staff who may become a ‘Legionella Duty Holder’.
- Engineers and Managers with other responsibilities related to Legionella Risk Management
- Health and Safety professionals who are responsible for performing Legionella Risk Assessments
No previous Legionella Training experience is required to complete this course, although this would potentially be an advantage.
On successful completion of this Legionella Responsible Person Training Course, you will develop or reinforce your knowledge of:
- The legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act, HSE ACoP L8 & HSG274 part 2
- The role and duties of the Legionella Responsible Person and Legionella Duty Holder
- The Legionella compliance requirements of your organisation
This will enable you to:
- Better comply with the “ACoP L8 Fourth edition” code of practice and HSG 274 Technical Guidance.
- More effectively manage the risk associated with Legionella bacteria.
- Reduce the risk of associated moral / legal / financial implications associated with prosecution for poor legionella control
- Carry out simple Legionella Risk Assessments in Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Plan water sampling and testing programmes or critique contractors programmes
- Plan practical control and management of Legionella (Hot & Cold water) systems
- Design maintenance schedules to support the control systems
- Fulfil the role of a ‘Legionella Responsible Person’ or ‘Legionella Duty Holder’ in relation to Legionella control within Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Pre-course assessment of legionella awareness to refresh knowledge
- Know the importance of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant sections
- Know the importance of the COSHH regulations and relevant sections
- Know the reporting of legionnaires disease under RIDDOR
- Understand the Consultation with Employees Regulations 1996
- Know the roles of the Legionella Responsible Person, Legionella Deputy Responsible Person, and Legionella Duty Holder
- Know what should be included in the Legionella Risk Assessment
- Know when a Legionella Risk Assessment should be reviewed and why
- Know what makes a person competent and the importance of training.
- Understand the primary aim of the Legionella Control Association.
- Know what is in a written/control scheme and how to implement it
- Know the importance of water system design and commissioning
- Know the Water Regulations in relation to legionella control
- Understand the importance of a good schematic diagram
- Know how to interpret microbial sample results
- Know the importance of record keeping