Train as a Mental Health First Aider (MHFAider®) and receive 3 years of certification, plus access to ongoing benefits.
This course is for those who would like to become an MHFAider®, whether in the workplace or as individuals, to gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health, be confident to start a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support.
In addition to the course, you will become part of the largest MHFAider® community in England, gaining access to resources, ongoing learning and 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App®, to give you the tools and knowledge you need to carry out the role effectively and confidently, whether that be in your workplace, a volunteer role, or in the community.
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
- Online 2-day course structured across four flexible sessions covering 14 hours of content in total.
- Each session is a maximum of 3hrs 45mins
- Learning takes place through a mix of instructor led training, group discussions, individual and group activities.
- Each session builds on the previous, enabling the learner to gain confidence in supporting others using MHFA action plan.
- Numbers are limited to 16 per course so learners can be kept safe and supported whilst they learn.
- Learning content will be as accessible and inclusive as possible (please contact if additional support is required).
– Everyone who completes this course gets:
- A hard copy workbook to support their learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- Access to the MHFAider Support App® for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
Video – Mental Health First Aid at MHFA England
· Online event 17th-18th May https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/598954197127
· Classroom in person Sheffield 22nd– 23rd May https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/598956835017
· Online event 31st May – 1st June https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/613281089247