Age UK Rotherham Is Looking For A Management Support Officer To Join Their Team
Age UK Rotherham is excited to announce an opportunity for a dedicated Management Support Officer to play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of their Chief Executive’s office.
Job title: Management Support Officer
Location: Galax Business Centre Rotherham/hybrid working
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 14 -17.5
Scale: AUKR Scale 23
Purpose of the role:
To provide PA and administrative support to the Chief Executive and support for Trustee meetings, events and conferences
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- PA/Administrative Support to the CEO
- Provide a confidential personal administrative service to the Chief Executive, ensuring appropriate support in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinate and manage the Chief Executive’s diary to enable effective management of time. Arrange appointments and meetings, both internally and externally and scheduling in office time for the Chief Executive.
- Act as the first point of contact for all enquiries to the Chief Executive and deal with basic enquiries diverting callers appropriately.
- Deal with incoming mail for the Chief Executive, ensuring that enquiries are professionally dealt with and that the Chief Executive is kept informed.
- Provide support for meetings including preparation and distribution of agendas and papers taking minutes / action notes. Distribution of minutes and follow up action points arising from meetings.
- Research information regarding various subjects using various research tools to ensure that the Chief Executive is appropriately informed.
- Organise meetings and other events and meetings as required by the Chief Executive e.g. regular SMT meetings, away days, social events and conferences.
- Ensure that communication with all internal and external contacts is conducted in a professional, courteous and responsive manner. Deal directly with queries and ensure that messages and detailed requests are dealt with or passed to the appropriate member of staff.
- Human Resources
- Act as the lead point of contact for Managers in relation to HR through AUKR’s contracted provider where needed.
- Ensure that HR paper files are kept in a secure place to meet data protection requirements.
- Support for the Board of Trustees and Governance of the Charity
- Organise Trustee Board and Committee meetings or other events and meetings as required by the Chief Executive or Chair of Trustees e.g. away days, social events and conferences.
- Provide support for Board of Trustee and all Board Committee meetings including the collation of papers, preparation and distribution of agendas and taking, transcription and distribution of minutes / action notes. Follow up action points arising from meetings as requested by the Chief Executive or Chair of Trustees.
- Provide administration organisation and support for the Annual Report and Annual General Meeting of the Charity.
- Support the CEO and Board of Trustees to maintain records and processes that ensure the Charity complies with governance requirements, including updating records and processing returns to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Other duties
- Undertake personal development activities, supervision and training in line with Age UK Rotherham’s policies and procedures.
- Be involved in activities as determined by business needs which may from time to time fall outside usual working hours.
- Operate within Age UK Rotherham Statement of Basic Principles and comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Complaints.
- Any other duties which are deemed to be appropriate and suitable for the post holder to undertake.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties, which may have to be varied subject to the needs of the service and in keeping with the general profile of the post and will be required to travel around the Rotherham borough.
Closing date: 31 August 2023
More details and how to apply can be found here: Age UK Rotherham | Job opportunities