Celebrating excellence: 2023 Office Heroes unveiled!
Glu Recruit celebrated its sixth Office Heroes event at The Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield, on Friday 8th December.
Shortlisted finalists, their nominators, the esteemed judging panel, special guests, and the Glu Recruit team all gathered to celebrate the successes of these individuals.
In a dazzling afternoon that showcased outstanding contributions and exceptional dedication, Glu Recruit is thrilled to announce the results of their 2023 Office Heroes.
- Winner: Brett Harris from First Power and Surge Protection
Brett Harris, Business Manager at First Power & Surge Protection, was crowned our 2023 Office Hero – with no deliberation from the judges!
His commitment to excellence, exceptional dedication, and tireless efforts have not only positively impacted his colleagues but have also elevated the business as a whole – after just 20 months in the role.
- Highly Commended: Dave Hall at Paces
Dave Hall, Fundraising and Communications Manager at Paces, was highly commended for his positive attitude and morale – during a difficult time for charities.
Over the years his efforts have led to the success of The Paces Club 300 initiative, which connects businesses in the region, allows them to forge new business relationships, and in turn, raises funds to allow Paces to continue their incredible work.
- Highly Commended: Chris Ellis at The Montgomery Theatre and Arts Centre
Chris Ellis, Venue Manager at The Montgomery Theatre and Arts Centre, was also highly commended for his outstanding work for the theatre, during a time of change and renovation.
Chris was recognised for continuously putting everyone’s best interests at the forefront of his mind, putting his team first, and making decisions that best suit his community.
Glu Recruit took to their social media channels to announce the results on the day, congratulating those who took home awards and celebrating those who made the final.
The success of the 2023 Office Heroes event would not have been possible without the support Glu Recruit received.
The judging panel, comprised of industry leaders, played a crucial role in identifying the best of the best among the nominees. The judges for the 2023 Office Heroes were:
- Dame Julie Kenny DBE DL
- Phil Turner, Managing Director of Meze Publishing and Blind Mice Media
- Ray Byrne, CEO of Whyy Change
- Hannah Duraid, CEO and Founder of The Great Escape Game
Glu Recruit has also offered thanks to:
- Marisa Rowding, Managing Director at Identity Merchandise: For providing the exclusive Office Heroes pens – gifted to all finalists.
- Andy Taylor Magician: For providing enchanting entertainment that added a magical touch to the evening.
- Claire Else, owner of Occasions Hub Limited: For the delightful balloons that adorned the venue, creating a festive and celebratory atmosphere.
- Cutler’s Hall Hospitality: For allowing Glu to host the 2023 Office Heroes in their exquisite venue, providing the perfect backdrop for this momentous occasion.
- Helene Michaelides, owner of Cuckoo Films: For bringing the nominations to life and capturing them on film.
The 2023 Office Heroes event was a celebration of excellence, camaraderie, and the unwavering commitment of individuals who go above and beyond in their roles.
Here’s to another year of outstanding achievements and continued success in the workplace!