A message from our Chief Executive – Key measures the Chamber is taking to minimise the spread of the (COVID-19) Coronavirus
As a representative body, the welfare and safety of our members, team, stakeholders, and the wider community is our first priority.
The Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber team remains fully available and will continue to work with our members and key stakeholders and can be reached via telephone and email as usual.
I would like to update you on key measures the Chamber is taking to comply with government guidelines to minimise the spread of the virus, while also helping to support our members during this time:
- Our communications services and platforms continue to operate as normal. Please continue to send your Weekly content or website articles to Shane Young and continue to use website services as normal
- Our export documentation service also continues to operate with full staff availability. We do however request that where possible, customers use post or access our online e-cert service. For any queries relating to this please contact Louise Clarke
- At present our events curtailed and we will update members as appropriate if this changes however for any queries relating to this please contact Diane Graham
- On the policy front, Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber continues to engage widely on your behalf and maintains regular contact with our local authorities. We very much welcome any feedback you may have on how Covid-19 is impacting on your business – and suggestions of what the Government could do to help you navigate through this difficult period. Please contact Andrew Denniff
- We also refer you to the updated government guidance to help mitigate the risks of contracting Covid-19 and preventing further spread.
Your Chamber is taking these measures in line with the incredible efforts our member companies are making to safeguard employee health and wellbeing, and to prevent any unnecessary risks or spread to the wider community.
We will issue further guidance and updates as required, however in the interim, please do keep in touch with us – we are here to help.
With best wishes and thanks