Employers desperately needed to support Work Experience in Rotherham
The academic year of 2022/23 has seen the largest increase in schools participating in work experience in almost a decade. Most business owners agree that our young people need to know what “real work” all is about. Past students have said they “really enjoyed the experience”. Teachers and school staff often comment in the change in a student’s attitude and approach to school and life following work experience.
What is desperately needed now is for businesses to step up and participate in supporting work experience to push and drive Rotherham in leading the support for our schools and our young people.
The students are in Year 10 (aged 14-15) and seeking a week’s work experience. Exact dates and times can be adjusted to suit your business needs. Each schools work experience dates are as follows.
- Oakwood High School, S60 2UH, 23 January 2023 To 27 January 2023
- Brinsworth Academy, S60 5EJ, 06 February 2023 To 10 February 2023
- Wingfield Academy, S61 4AU, 22 May 2023 To 26 May 2023
- Thrybergh Academy, S65 4FP, 05 June 2023 To 09 June 2023
- Clifton Community School, S65 2SN, 19 June 2023 To 23 June 2023
- Rawmarsh Community School, S62 7GA, 26 June 2023 To 30 June 2023
- Wickersley School Group 1, S66 1JL, 03 July 2023 To 07 July 2023
- Saint Pius X Catholic High School, S63 7PQ, 10 July 2023 To 19 July 2023
- Wickersley School Group 2, S66 1JL, 10 July 2023 To 14 July 2023
There are around 2000 students seeking experience in a wide range of sectors, if you are able to support one or more students then please contact B&E Together on 01709 513380 or email email@example.com for more information on how to get involved.