Notice is hereby given that the 14th Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held virtually on Thursday, 26th November 2020 from 12 noon in order to –
A. Welcome and Review of the Year
B. To approve the appointment of a President Elect
C. Announce the appointment of new and re-appointed Councillors to the Chamber’s Representative Council.
D. Consideration of the Accounts and the Annual Report.
E. The Year Ahead – Looking Forward to 2021
Dated: 21st October 2020
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
The President and other directors will host the meeting from the Company’s premises and proxies and representatives of Members can participate via Zoom and we will do our best to make the meeting as open and participative as possible.
When it comes to voting by Members on resolutions at the AGM, we will ask Members to vote via Zoom as that will obviously give the Board instant feedback on each item of business at the meeting. However, there are practical and technical limitations to voting via Zoom and, therefore, in order to ensure that the votes of Members are accurately recorded, the Board has determined that, after each vote via Zoom, the proxy votes sent in by Members prior to the meeting should be counted and recorded in order to provide the official voting result on each of the Resolutions to be proposed at the meeting. So, it’s therefore important for each Member to complete, sign and send in, before the AGM, a proxy form (which accompanies this Circular).
Notes to the Notice of the AGM
1. As a member of the Company, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting and you can obtain a proxy form from the Chamber website here.
You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes.
2. A proxy does not need to be a member of the Company but must attend the Meeting to represent you. Details of how to appoint the Chairman of the Meeting or another person as your proxy using the proxy form are set out in the notes to the proxy form.
3. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
4. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution or withhold their vote.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be completed and signed, sent or delivered to the Company at:
Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce
Address: 6 Genesis Business Park
Rotherham S60 1DX
or by email to email@example.com
and received by the Company no later than 12 noon on Wednesday, 25th November 2020.
5. To change or terminate your proxy instructions simply submit a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above. Note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxy appointments (see above) also apply in relation to amended instructions; any amended proxy appointment received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.