DIT is responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. We encourage and support businesses to export and help to identify key opportunities for their business. In the Yorkshire and the Humber region we have over 30 International Trade and e-Commerce advisers who support local businesses with one-to-one meetings along with dedicated and impartial advice. By working with us you will also have access to funding (for eligible companies only), live business opportunities, exclusive virtual trade missions and events which help businesses to develop and innovate their business.
DIT offers a number of services to help businesses take advantage of the opportunity selling overseas can bring. These include:
Services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. They are delivered by:
• The Export Academy which is aims to give small and micro-businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world with confidence.
• Access to finance and insurance from UK Export Finance (UKEF), the UK’s export credit agency
• Advice on selling online via e-Marketplaces
• The ability to search thousands of current export opportunities available around the globe
• Funding for eligible businesses as part of the DIT Internationalisation Fund which can be accessed via your local DIT office.
• The Brexit Checker Tool which will help you to get a personalised list of actions for you, your business and your family.
• The Check How to Export Goods tool provides information for UK exporters about duties, rules of origin, customs procedures and the UK border for over 160 markets around the world.
Visit great.gov.uk to find useful guidance and information on how you can get started with international trade.
To find out more and to book a virtual meeting with an International Trade or e-Commerce Adviser, contact your local DIT team on +44 (0) 300 365 1000, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @tradegovuk_YH.
The Department for International Trade’s Internationalisation Fund (funded by the European Regional Development Fund) is now available for eligible Yorkshire and the Humber businesses. Match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 are available for future activity (subject to eligibility and availability). The fund can be used to support areas including (but not exclusively limited to):
If you are in the Yorkshire and the Humber region and you are looking for support from DIT’s Internationalisation Fund, please express your interest and we will get in touch with you shortly.
• Work closely with a global network of DIT advisers, to ensure UK businesses are given the best advice about exporting to their chosen destinations
DIT also offer programmes for:
• e-exporting, to help retailers and brands to sell their products online
• Tradeshow access, providing grants to eligible businesses so they can attend overseas events
• Overseas market introductions, offering tailored research from our network of overseas experts
• Bidding for international aid agency projects
UK Export Finance (UKEF) helps UK exporters:
• Fulfil orders by supporting working capital loans
• Get paid by insuring against buyer default
See the full range of services UKEF provides.
DIT Yorkshire and the Humber
E – Yorkshire@mobile.trade.gov.uk
T- 0300 365 1000