Join the Movement: Become an Active Fusion Trustee and Empower Young Lives!
Active Fusion Trustee Vacancies (Education, Operations, Community Safety and Fundraising Representatives)
Do you care about young people’s physical health and mental well-being?
Do you want to ensure young people reach their full potential to be successful in life?
Being a trustee gives you the opportunity to:
- Provide support to a leading educational charity that is making a real difference to young people and their families.
- Contribute your skills and expertise to a cause that is important to you.
- Play a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation.
- Gain valuable experience and learn new skills within a leadership role.
- Challenge yourself by applying new skills in a different environment.
- Gain non-executive board experience and learn from other trustees.
Active Fusion is an award-winning charity where our mission is to help every child develop a love for being active by unlocking potential and creating positive habits for life.
We support children and young people to improve their physical health and well-being, raise aspirations for young people to be the best they can be; and we invest highly in a positive team culture ensuring Active Fusion is the best place to work.
We are looking for trustees with experience and knowledge of the Education sector, Operations Community Safety and Fundraising.
- Provide thought leadership on the above roles and help build and implement this vision.
- Translate the risks and opportunities for other trustees, to enable the board to engage in an informed way.
- Provide strategic oversight of developing opportunities linked to the strategic plan of the charity.
- Contribute to the work of various sub-group committees.
- Draw on your networks to support our work.
- Work with the board and Director to embed good governance and to be compliant with the Charities Commission.
Qualities of a Trustee
- Successful track record and demonstratable experience in Education, Operations, Community Safety and/or Fundraising.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to operate at a strategic and visionary level whilst reviewing the detail and complexities of delivery.
- Strong communicator with influencing skills that elicit support from staff and stakeholders with strategic plans.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities and take a balanced approach to both.
- Extensive networks and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a long-term commitment to Active Fusion.
Time, Commitment and Location
- The Board meets 4 times a year with additional sub-group meetings in between when required.
- Support Active Fusion’s key events.
- Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises: The Hub, Chappell Drive, Doncaster, DN1 2RF.
How to Apply
Please provide a covering letter which outlines how you believe your skills and experience can support Active Fusion, along with a CV. Please send to Lindsy James, Director, by email
Closing date: Monday 14th August 2023
Current Vacancies: https://www.activefusion.org.uk/jobs/