RNN Training – Work Placements Employer Support Fund
To support with greater integration between college programs and employers the Department for education is offering grants of up to £750 to cover the costs of Industry Placements for our students.
Industry placements are a fantastic way for businesses to:
- Help nurture and develop talent
- Increase capacity
- Bring in extra resource for specific projects
- Bring in people with imaginative, new ideas and different skills
315 hours (40 days) work placement. This can be in one placement or over a number of weeks to suit you.
There is no requirement to pay the learner during their placement although many employers do choose to help with travel costs.
We’ll work with you to identify the right learner from the right full time course and support them and you during the placement.
A skills and employability tutor will be on hand to develop the learners employability skills and our coordinate their attendance with you.
What will the learner do?
Learners will be from our level 2 and 3 courses and will be specifically chosen based on your industry. They will support you with:
- Practical tasks under supervision
- Shadow and assist skilled staff
- Support specific projects
- Help with administration
- Learners can transfer to an apprenticeship at any time
- Grants will be paid 50% at the start of the placement and 50% at the end.
- The grant can only be used on cost associated with the placement such as time spent training, additional equipment required and any pre-placement training.
- Placements must be between Sept 2020 and Aug 2021.
- RNN will complete the relevant paperwork.
- As with all work placement we’ll need to complete a health and safety assessment and get a copy of your insurance certificates.