Spread your love for the NHS on Giving Tuesday
Whether you can volunteer, fundraise or help us spread the festive cheer, the Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity needs you!
The charity will be one of thousands of organisations taking part in this year’s Giving Tuesday campaign on 29 November 2022.
Giving Tuesday will kick start the charity’s Christmas 2022 fundraising campaign, which will once again raise money to fund the redevelopment of the Children’s Ward outdoor play area at Rotherham Hospital.
Rachael Dawes, Head of Fundraising, said: “Giving Tuesday is a global movement celebrating generosity and we can’t wait to harness people’s kindness and sense of pride it the NHS.
“It’s been another challenging year for many people, whether it’s due to recovering from the impact of the Covid pandemic or feeling the bite of the cost of living crisis. We know this means that not everyone will be able to give as much as they would like to.
“So for our first ever Giving Tuesday, we’re encouraging everyone to spread the love and give a little – whether it’s a Christmas gift, volunteering their time or a financial donation if they can. Every penny and kind gesture will be appreciated and will allow us to do more for our patients and their families.”
There are various ways you, your colleagues, school or community group can support the charity on Giving Tuesday, including:
- Fundraising for our Christmas appeal. We can’t wait to hear your fundraising ideas! Alternatively, check out our website for inspiration – https://www.therotherhamft.nhs.uk/Fundraising/Fundraising/
- Donating directly via Just Giving: https://bit.ly/3U13PnX
- Volunteering your time. Rotherham-based company Equans UK and Ireland recently launched our corporate volunteering programme and we’d love you to volunteer with us too.
- Donating to our first ever Hygiene Bank. Help us to support patients who need basic toiletries such as shampoo, soap and toothpaste when they arrive or leave hospital.
- Gifting an extra Christmas present. Toys for youngsters on our Children’s Ward and gifts for older patients would be appreciated. Check out our Amazon Christmas Wish List – https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2WAI3MG2YZZXY?ref_=wl_share
The Giving Tuesday campaign began in America in 2012 as a way to give back after the well known shopping days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The event is run by the Chartered Institute of Fundraising, which the charity is a member.
On Giving Tuesday in 2020, £14,000 was raised every minute for good causes, with donations totalling £20.2 million.
Last year, the charity raised £6,500 to help kick-start funding for the Children’s Ward outdoor play area but £30,000 is needed to transform it into a comforting, inspiring and family-friendly space for children and young people.
Any gifts or toiletries can be dropped off at the Charity Hub in reception at Rotherham Hospital, opposite Boots and The Stock Shop.
For more information about Giving Tuesday, please get in touch with the charity team on 01709 426821 or email@example.com. Don’t forget to send us your photos and to copy us into your social media messages using #GivingTuesday