Hear the results of the latest Quarterly Economic Review presented against a backdrop of current affairs across the Sheffield City Region. How are businesses being impacted by cyber crime? How are they protecting themselves against future attacks? What is the government doing to support businesses?
Sergeant Shelton Newsham, Yorkshire & Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit, will discuss the four key cyber threats to businesses and how to defend against them, using insightful case studies and useful resources.
He’ll join other experts and local businesses for a panel discussion about their experiences and work on cyber crime and how it’s being addressed both at government levels and in workplaces to ensure its business as usual.
- Welcome – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- The Operating Environment – Doncaster Chamber
- Q2 Sheffield City Region Quarterly Economic Survey Results – Dr David Littlewood, Lecturer in Strategic Management, University of Sheffield Management Schooll
- Four key cyber threats to businesses and how do you defend against them? – Shelton Newsham, Sergeant, Yorkshire & Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
- Panel debate – Was/is your business prepared for the impact of cyber crime?
– Nigel Brewster, Vice-Chair, Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
– Dr. Achim Brucker, Senior Lecturer & Consultant in Software Assurance, Sheffield University
- Management School
– Sian Dudley, Head of Marketing & Communications, CAST
– Shelton Newsham, Sergeant, Yorkshire & Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
– Simon Beardsley – Cheif Executive – Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce
- Free Prize Draw – Doncaster & Sheffield Airport
- Concluding remarks – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- Close / Networking